1. Effectively and accurately record and book all Car Rental activities (i.e. journal entries) on the accounting system.
2. Identify discrepancies and issues affecting accounting records and balances, communicate same to management, and assist in their resolution.
3. Calculate fair value for all Car Rental on quarterly, semi-annual, and annual basis.
4. Reconcile various accounts (monthly and annually), review reconciliations prepared by others, and promptly identify, research, and correct any variances.
5. Maintain an effective filing system for Car Rental relevant legal documents, correspondence, memos, notes, and financial information, in both digital and printed formats.
6. Communicate and coordinate with concerned personnel in other companies, where JCR maintains ownership, to receive necessary legal documents and financial reports.
7. Ensure that all relevant reports are accurate and compliant with the required standards, rules, and regulations.
8. Prepare cash flows reports (actual and projections).
9. Oversee / manage the ERP / Accounting system for JCR & coordinate with IT department for modifications, additions, and development requirements.
10. Maintain high level of confidentiality at all times.
11. Perform other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills, and abilities.
12. Through the chain of command and/or occurrence variance report, identifies any occurrence not consistent with the operation of the company.
13. Budgeting: Prepare and recommend the Accounting section budget by conducting analysis and preparing data related to specific elements as directed.
14. Monitor the financial performance of the Accounting section against budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly, and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
15. Reporting: Manage the preparation of, reviewing and submission of precise and well-timed annual financial statements to external auditors to ensure compliance with governmental regulations.
16. Manage the preparation of accurate and monthly financial statements to General Manager.
17. People Management: Manage the activities and work of subordinates and evaluate their performance by providing formal and informal feedback to ensure that all work within a specific area is carried out in an efficient manner and in accordance with set individual targets.
18. Stimulate subordinates and manage the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices considering ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
19. Policies & Procedures: Recommend improvements to departmental policies and direct the implementation of procedures and controls covering all areas of accounting activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university.
- Preference for MBA or equivalent post-graduate qualification such as CPA and CMA Training in VAT & IFRS
- More than 10 years relevant experience in accounting including at least 3 years in positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities.
- Fluent in both Arabic & English (verbal & written)